Life presents many surprises. Catastrophic events, fires, natural disasters, and other events can cause substantial property damage. Thankfully, insurance is available to cover most of these unexpected events.
Generally, there are two categories of insurance available:
- Property Damage Insurance- This covers the property owner from losses to their property. This type of insurance can include coverage for fire damage, flood damage, water damage, hurricane damage, earthquake damage, theft, vandalism, and even rioting. It is important for the insured to understand what is and is not covered by their policy and to make sure that they have purchased the coverage that they want. Not all property damage insurance policies are written alike, and many do not provide adequate coverage for all of life’s surprises.
- General Liability / Casualty Insurance- This protects businesses and property owners from claims resulting from events and actions that have occurred on or from their business or property. This type of insurance may also include protection for claims of negligence, premises liability, professional liability, commercial vehicle accidents, slip and falls, fire, advertising liability, aircraft accidents, or watercraft accidents. Like property damage insurance policies, not all general liability and casualty insurance policies are written alike, so it is important for the insured to understand what is and is not covered to make sure they are buying the coverage that they want.
Many insurance policies are a hybrid and provide the insured a combination of both categories of coverage; they will protect the business owner from claims resulting from accidents on their premises and will also cover the property owner for damage and losses to their property. Homeowners’ insurance policies can also include both categories of coverage; they can reimburse the homeowner for damage or loss to their home and furnishings and they can cover guests that are injured from accidents on their property.
Contact B&D Law Group, APLC at (888) 563-4092 if you need assistance with an insurance claim in California. We offer free initial consultations.
Put Our Experienced Attorneys on Your Side
Regardless of the type of claim you have, it is important to understand that the insurance adjuster works for the insurance company and does not necessarily have your best interests in mind. Many claimants are surprised to find out that after years of paying their premiums, their insurance company uses aggressive tactics to minimize or wrongfully deny their claim. Insurance adjusters have only one job and one responsibility: to pay as little as possible on the claims.
Insurance adjusters will often undervalue your claim and, in many cases, search for excuses to deny your claim. One tactic that insurance companies use to wrongfully deny claims is to bully the claimants into providing multiple recorded statements and unnecessary authorization forms. It is important to consult with a lawyer as early in the claims process as possible to ensure that no mistakes are made in pursuing your insurance claim.
Types of Insurance Claims We Handle
The experienced California insurance claim attorneys at B&D Law Group can assist you in fighting for the maximum recovery for your lost property, lost profit, lost income and wages, medical bills, property damage, and other related costs you are owed. You do not have to go at it alone.
Our skilled legal team can help you with all types of insurance claims, including:
- Property damage accidents
- Fire damage claims
- Flood damage claims
- Aircraft accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Retail store negligence
- Bad faith denials
- Insurance bad faith claims
- Assault and battery
- Dog bites & attacks
- Inadequate security
- Municipal liability
- Restaurant liability
- Product liability
- Defective machinery
- Car accidents
- Burn injury accidents
- Construction accidents
- Wrongful death
Our experienced lawyers are committed to helping you navigate every aspect of the legal process. We can work to ensure that you get the maximum recovery you are entitled to. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident in California and are presenting an insurance claim, contact our firm for a free and confidential consultation.
Contact us online or by phone at (888) 563-4092 for your free consultation today.