Broken bones are common injuries as a result of injury accidents. As strong as bones are, just the wrong pressure from the wrong angle can cause a break of fracture. Children are more likely to suffer from broken bones, both because of their younger age and higher activity level, but also form the type of accidents they are commonly involved in, such as bicycle and pedestrian accidents. Elderly individuals are also especially susceptible to broken bone injuries from trips and falls because of their frail bones, osteoporosis, and the fact that they don’t heal as well as younger people.
What starts with a loud cracking or snapping sound, signaling a broken bone, often leads to swelling, bruising, and possibly bleeding. All of which is accompanied by excruciating pain, suffering, and anguish. The first thing a victim of a broken bone accident should do is immobilize the broken bone and immediately call an ambulance and go to the hospital in order to prevent any further damage from the broken bone.
There are different types of breaks of fractures, including:
- Open Fracture – Where pieces of the broken bone are sticking out through the skin
- Closed Fracture – Where the broken bone is contained within unbroken skin
- Simple Fracture – Where the bone is broken in only one place
- Compound Fractures – Where the bone is broken in more than one place
- Displaced Fractures – Where the bones have moved out of their normal alignment with each other
- Non-displaced Fractures – Where the bone is broken but the pieces are still aligned
- Hairline Fractures – Where the fine fracture does not go all the way through the bone
- Spiral Fracture – Where the bone is fractured as a result of twisting force
- Comminuted Fracture – Where the bone is broken and shattered into several pieces
- Stress Fractures – A fracture that results over time due to repeated stresses and forces.
- Greenstick Fracture – Common in children, where the bone is cracked on one side but not broken all the way through
- Buckle Fracture – Common in children, where the bone bends instead of breaking
Hire An Experienced California Broken Bone Injury Attorney
Broken bone accidents are unique in that many accidents are treated with a single visit to the emergency room and a follow up with a doctor. Insurance companies will use the quick healing process to belittle and minimize the injuries and the value of your fractured bone. Insurance adjusters will often pressure claimants to settle their claim quickly and before the victim has is aware of the true extent of their injuries.
More complicated cases require surgeries or “open reductions” where hardware, such as screws and plates, may be placed surgically to hold the broken bone in place. These types of accidents can require repeated surgeries and lengthy rehabilitation and therapy. They can also result in permanent partial disability.
The skilled California Broken Bone Injury Lawyers are the B&D Law Group, APLCunderstand how to prosecute your broken bone accident claim. Our California Fractured Bone Attorneys will work with expert orthopedic doctors and surgeons, physical therapists, and rehabilitation professionals in order to get you the maximum compensation for your California broken bone injury accident.
Our Experienced California Fractured Bone Injury Lawyers Know How To Get The Maximum Recovery For Victims Of California Broken Bone Injuries
Insurance companies employee armies of investigators, experts, and other professionals to protect their “bottom line.” You need an advocate on your side that is an experienced negotiator, to ensure you get the maximum recovery for your broken bone injury accident. An experienced California broken bone accident lawyer at the B & D Law Group, APLC will fight to make sure you are adequately compensated for your broken bone injuries.
The experienced California broken bone lawyers at the B & D Law Group, APLC realize that broken bone injury accidents can seriously impact one’s life and we here to help you through these difficult times. Our skilled California broken bone accident attorneys are familiar with the mechanics of a broken bone accident and the aftermath of resulting injuries, and will help you get the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a California broken bone accident please contact the skilled California Broken Bone Injury Attorneys at B & D Law Group, APLC. Our experienced California Fractured Bone Cord Injury Attorneys have a wealth of experience helping victims of California Broken Bone Accidents.
We are here to help. Our experienced broken bone injury lawyers understand that choosing an attorney to fight for your California Broken bone Accident Injury claim is not easy. We want to make sure that you know your rights and make the right choices. We never charge for a Free Consultation on your California Personal Injury Claim.